If you have any difficulties using the BioSleeve or navigating through the Digital Mirror App,
let us help you! Our engineering team is at your disposal 24/7.
Onboarding and Setup
How to Get Started with the BioSleeve
1. Download the Digital Mirror App on your iPad by clicking on the link provided by Cipher Skin
2. To complete the download, follow the instructions given on the TestFlight page.
How to put on the BioSleeve
- Identify a donut-shaped marker on the inside of your BioSleeve. This is the Elbow Cup.
- Center your elbow in the Elbow Cup as you pull on your BioSleeve
How to connect the Digital Mirror to the BioSleeve
- Log in
- If it is your first time, make sure to sign up for an account first.
- Once logged in, select from the right menu bar
- Select SCAN
- If this is your first time using the app, an iOS notification will request permission to use Bluetooth. Select OK
- If this is your first time connecting your BioSleeve to your iPad, a Bluetooth pairing request will prompt you to PAIR or CANCEL the new device “BGX-XXX”. Select PAIR.
- Select your BioSleeve’s serial number from the list
- Look at the wrist of your BioSleeve to find your BioSleeve’s unique, 8-character serial number
- TROUBLESHOOTING: If your BioSleeve’s serial number is not shown, try charging your BioSleeve or try resetting it by waving a magnet along the inside of the top.
- To the right, select CONNECT
- Your BioSleeve is now connected.
How to assign the BioSleeve to an arm or knee
- Successfully connect to your Biosleeve
- Select the joint you would like to connect to
- for example, “Right Elbow”
- Follow the on-screen instructions, copying the motions of the avatar.
- Stand up
- Hold your arm at your side. Face your palm towards your thigh, with your fingers pointing directly toward the ground.
- When instructed, move your arm directly in front of you, with your arm straight, palm facing internally.
- Your BioSleeve is now assigned to a limb.
- Select DONE in the bottom right
- If the avatar does not mirror your motion, resassign your limb by selecting the chosen limb again
How to set up a User Profile
- Select from the top left
- Select ADD next to PROVIDER.
- Enter your intended PROVIDER name. Select SAVE
- Select ADD next to CLIENT
- Enter your intended CLIENT name. Select SAVE
- Select DONE in the bottom right
How to record sessions and save data in the Digital Mirror
- Connect to your Biosleeve
- Assign your Biosleeve to an elbow or knee
- Select a User Profile
- Select RECORD () at the bottom right of the screen
- Record icon should turn red (), indicating recording
- Go through motion to record
- Select RECORD () again to stop recording
How to replay sessions
- Select MODE RECORD () at the top left
- Select REPLAY ()to change Mirror Mode to REPLAY
- Choose your session from the dropdown list
- Select LOAD
Connecting the BioSleeve
The BioSleeve name appears in yellow, but is not turning green
- Is your sleeve within range? Try moving your sleeve closer to your iPad.
- Try pressing “Disconnect” and select “Scan” again.
- If you have tried both of the above solutions, place your BioSleeve on the wireless charger and continue charging. Select “Disconnect” and “Scan” again.
More BioSleeve names are showing up than the ones needed
- Select the name of your BioSleeve
- This should not impact the BioSleeve performance. Disregard other BioSleeve names.
The BioSleeve name is not showing up at all
- Press ‘Disconnect”. Then select “Scan” again.
- Once you have tried disconnecting and scanning again, try removing the battery of your BioSleeve and putting it back in to restart your BioSleeve. Select “Disconnect” and “Scan” again.
I keep getting a “BioSleeve not found” message
- Make sure you are standing as still as possible in the base position and raised position.
- Try disconnecting your BioSleeve, scanning, connecting, and start the assignment process again.
The BioSleeve can be assigned, but the Digital Mirror avatar appears incorrect
The avatar is not displaying my movements correctly
- The BioSleeve will work if you walk forward, backward, to the left, or to the right after calibration. Do not spin or change the direction you are facing.
- Try disconnecting your sleeve, connecting, and assigning it to a limb again
The reported metrics are incorrect on the Mirror View screen
Range of Motion (ROM) Tests
I’m not seeing any results when I use a Range of Motion Test
Where are my files saved?
- View any recorded session by selecting “Mode Record” (white camera) at the top left of the screen, and then “Replay” Mode. Be sure the intended User Profile is selected. Then, select your Trial Data session from the drop-down options and select “Load.”
- The recordings are also stored in a raw format locally on your iPad. View the iOS Files app on your iPad.
Why are my files not showing up?
- Make sure you are selecting the intended User Profile before recording.
- If you continue to have issues with this feature, please contact email@example.com or fill out the form.
- Support Form
- Cancel Subscription
- Refund Request